REPEAT as an international competition is established to foster the creative spirit in the burgeoning field of digital fabrication.
We encourage the generation of cutting edge design proposals for a structure of your design with the only caveats being it be generated and conceived digitally, incorporate repetitive elements, be optimized for relocation and transportation and be produced through fabrication technologies available within Houston, Texas.
judging + criteria: The evaluation of all the REPEAT proposals will focus on the cohesion of the design concept to digital fabrication techniques and methods of assembly. Factoring in these two foundational requirements for the competition, the entrant is encouraged to propose a solution that is both formally challenging in the mechanics and aesthetics of the connections, but also speak to the issues of use and performance. The REPEAT jury is comprised of 5 internationally recognized architects:
- PATRIK SCHUMACHER Zaha Hadid Architects (Head of Jury)
- MARC FORNES THEVERYMANY
- LISA IWAMOTO IwamotoScott
- CHRIS LASCH Aranda \ Lasch
- BLAIR SATTERFIELD HouMinn
Register :: Compete :: Exhibitions :: Lectures :: Projects :: Network :: BLOG :: Poster :: Competition Regulations :: Schedule:
- JUNE 16, 2010 (Online Registration and Competition Regulations Available to the Public)
- AUGUST 16, 2010 (Questions Due to TEX-FAB via Email)
- OCTOBER 3, 2010 (Online Submission of Entries (Due Midnight) 12:00 AM CST)
- OCTOBER 24, 2010 (Jury Awards Made Public)
- NOVEMBER, 2010 – FEBRUARY, 2011 (Winning Design is developed, fabricated and installed in Houston)